Buzzard squad decided on August 30, 2021 to build a collaborative doodle game that would be built on the blockchain. The decision to create this was emergent, and captured during one of our recorded sessions. Here's a few of the themes that came out of this session:
- A desire to play with the materiality of blockchain media, primarily media that's composable, networked/connected
- Onboarding for users/collaborators to the broader protocol we're working on (Relational)
- A simple way for builders to play with the Relational protocol we're working towards; a less abstracted approach, more visual, easier to build
- Starting with something more toy like offers us a way to iterate toward our more complex ambitions
- The collaborative game offers a potential way to bring money into the ecosystem - for creators, and for Buzzard to start playing with web3 economic dyamics
- Exquisite Corpse - a collaborative IRL doodle game
- /r/place - a collective pixel art game on Reddit from 2017; watch the Reddit Place (/r/place) Time Lapse
- This game offered us a way back towards playing games, we'd been a bit heads down in the bigger protocol build
- Building a game was a nice starting point to continue building in public, and opening up a broader community to join in some capacity, or just watch the process unfold
Game Play (in process 🏎💨)
- Built an end-to-end working prototype over the weekend of September 11-12, 2021. And continued to build during our first ever Buzzard squad meet-up IRL in Portland from September 14-17, 2021.
- Launched a new Discord server for folks interested in helping with the build or being participant-observers.
Up to 15 members - we're into the start-slow-go-fast-later ethos🙃
Live Look-In 👀
For more photos, check-out our shared album on internet.camera